Protective Warranties - Lifetime Powertrain Warranty
Limited Warranty. The dealer will pay 100%* of the labor and 100%* of the parts for the covered systems that fail during the warranty period. Ask the dealer for a copy of the written warranty, and for any documents that explain warranty coverage, exclusions, and the dealer's repair obligations. Implied warranties under your state's laws may give you additional rights.
Systems Covered: Engine, Transmission and Drive Shaft and Differential.
Duration: For as long as the buyer owns the vehicle, after a waiting period of 90 days and 3,000 miles, whichever takes longer.
Deductible: The Limited Warranty Holder pays the first $100 of each covered repair.
Service Contract: A service contract on this vehicle is available at an extra charge. Ask for details about coverage, deductible, price, and exclusions. If you buy a service contract within 90 days of your purchase of this vehicle, implied warranties under your state's law may give you additional rights.
This Warranty does not begin until the moment that both of the following two conditions have been met: (1) 90 days has passed since the Warranty Issue Date; and (2) the Vehicle has been driven 3,000 miles past the Odometer Reading at the Warranty Issue Dealer.
You have the responsibility to properly maintain the Vehicle as recommended by the manufacturer, to reasonably protect the Vehicle from further damage when one or more parts fail, to maintain records of routine Vehicle maintenance performed by you or others, to follow the procedures for reporting a claim for benefits as described in this Warranty, and to cooperate fully with our reasonable requests to examine Vehicle maintenance records, inspect the Vehicle, or establish ownership of the Vehicle in the event you report a claim for benefits. Maintenance records generally include a detailed log of maintenance you perform and receipts for purchases of services provided by others and parts and supplies used by you or others in performing maintenance services. You must obtain preauthorization for any covered Repairs made to the Vehicle by a repair facility other than ours.
This Warranty begins the moment the mandatory waiting period described below has passed and expires when the Warranty Holder no longer owns the Vehicle. The mandatory waiting period will last until both of the conditions are met. One condition is that at least 90 days has passed since the Warranty Issue Date. The other is that the Vehicle has been driven at least 3,000 miles under your ownership, meaning that the odometer reading must exceed the Odometer Reading at Warranty Issue Date by at least 3,000. For example, if the Warranty Issue Date on the Declarations Page is September 1st, 2015 and the Vehicle’s Odometer Reading at Warranty Issue date is 60,000 miles, this Warranty will not begin until 90 days after the Warranty Issue Date (December 1st,2015) and when the Vehicle’s odometer indicates 63,000 miles.
What This Warranty Covers
This Warranty provides for Repairs and Covered Parts as stated below. We will act with reasonable promptness to perform or authorize Covered Repairs upon your contacting us or the Administrator, subject to the availability of repair resources during normal business hours.
In circumstances where we are not performing the Repairs, we will not pay for expenses that exceed the manufacturer’s suggested retail price or the posted hourly labor rate for the repair facility multiplied by the appropriate operation time, as published in a nationally-recognized labor time guide. You will be responsible for paying any excess costs charged by the repair facility.
We will not reimburse you or a repair facility to the extent a Mechanical Breakdown is also covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, regardless of whether the manufacturer honors its coverage obligation.
We reserve the right to inspect the Vehicle and its maintenance records and to request proof of its ownership in the event of a Mechanical Breakdown claim.
We reserve the right to recoup any amount we paid or incurred for a Covered Repair to the extent you recover more than your actual loss collectively from us and one or more third parties.
You are responsible to pay the deductible regardless of whether we or another repair facility is performing the Repairs.
Coverage is limited to the Vehicle parts and other items described below:
Gasoline/Diesel Engine: All internally lubricated parts, engine block, cylinder head(s), exhaust manifold, expansion plugs, harmonic balancer, intake manifold, mounts, oil pain (excluding drain plug related failures), rotary engine rotor housing, timing belt/chain and tensioner, timing chain cover, valve cover(s), water pump, electric cooler pump, electric oil pump, diesel accessory vacuum pump, lift pump, injectors and injector pump, manufacturer-installed turbocharger(s), bypass valve(s), blow-off valve(s), intercooler and waste gate(s), manufacturer-installed supercharger.
Transmission (Automatic, Continuous Variable (CVT), Standard and Transfer Case): All internal/internally lubricated parts, metal cooler lines, mounts, throttle valve cable, torque converter, flywheel/flex plate, transmission and transfer case housing, transmission cooler, oil pan, vacuum modulator, external and internal control unit and automatic electric clutches.
Drive Axle (Front/Rear/AWD/4 Wheel Drive): All internal lubricated parts within the drive/transaxle assembly and housing, including axles and axle bearings, constant velocity joints, drive shaft support, differential cover, hub bearings, front hub locking assemblies, drive shaft, universal joints and four wheel drive actuator.
Filters, Fluids, Lubricants and Taxes: Filters, fluids, lubricants and taxes required to complete a Covered Repair for any Covered Part listed above.
Seals and Gaskets: Seals and gaskets for all Covered Parts listed above when subject to a Covered Part.
Exclusions and Other Coverage Limitations
This Warranty does not cover the following:
- Repairs or replacements falling within any of the following descriptions: Not authorized in advance, performed outside of the United States, its territories and possessions, or Canada, constituting upgrades or changes recommended by a repair facility or manufacturer and repair or replacement of parts to improve the Vehicle’s operating performance when, in either case, a Mechanical Breakdown, to address water or air leaks, to a cellular phone or any communication, navigational or entertainment devices because it was rendered inoperable die to exposure to malware or change(s) in content, wireless service or technology, including the cost to update or upgrade software, to remedy the failure of heated/cooled seat part(s) resulting from accidental punctures or cuts in fabric or leather, spilled fluids or abuse (such as standing or jumping on the seat), to address oil sludging , oil consumption, burnt valves, engine compression or engine detonation failure.
- Damages and costs falling within any of the following descriptions: Arising from fraud, bad faith or personal injury, punitive or exemplary, to property, other than as specifically covered in the Warranty, attorney fees, arising from unauthorized diagnostic time, hazardous waste disposal, environmental fess, core charges, freight charges and fuel surcharges.
- If the Vehicle falls within any of the following descriptions: Is used for competitive driving, racing, now plowing or police or emergency services, is driven by multiple, unrelated drivers (such as fleet vehicle), is used commercially, is, after the Warranty Issue Date, retrofitted with aftermarket equipment to use alternative fuels or equipped with a odometer that does not accurately indicate actual miles driven because it was disconnected, altered, tampered with or not promptly repaired, has, after Warranty Issue Date, been altered beyond the manufacturer’s specifications or had a manufacturer-installed truck bed replaced with a substitute truck bed or other parts or equipment.
- A Mechanical Breakdown or damage to a part resulting from or falling within any of the following descriptions: Your negligence or misuse, improper servicing, failure to perform general and safety-related maintenance required or recommended by the Vehicle manufacturer or your State, the failure to take reasonable precautions to prevent further damage when an apparent problem exists, continue operation of the Vehicle in an overheated state, collision, upset, civil commotion, riot, illegal acts, nuclear events, war, or terrorism, contamination of nay fluid, use of fluids and fuels that are not compatible with your Vehicle, rust or corrosion, water, explosion, acts of nature and other external forces and events, a mechanical or structural flaw acknowledged by the manufacturer or that the manufacturer will repair at its expense, failure of a Covered Part when caused by the failure of or damage to a non-covered part, failure of a non-covered part even if caused by the failure of a Covered Part, reverse polarity, power surges and overloaded circuits.
- A part falling within any of the following descriptions: weather strips, batteries, hybrid vehicle battery pack/module, external battery charger and service plug, body and trim items (such as upholstery, seat frames, conventional seat belt assembly, glass of any kind, sheet metal, sealed beams paint, sunroof assembly, convertible top and removable hardtop),after-market (non-manufacturer) equipment and manufacturer equipment not installed by the manufacturer, any replacement part not of the same kind and quality as the manufacturer-installed part it replaced or incompatible with the design specifications and wear tolerances of the Vehicle manufacturer, mobility or conversion equipment, any part(s) not specified under “What This Warranty Covers.”
- Any of the following parts, services and items generally constituting scheduled maintenance and wear-damaged parts: Belts, fasteners, brake drums, brake rotors and brake cables, exhaust systems, all friction materials, valve grinding, hoses, all fluid caps and reservoirs, all illumination devices, head and tail light assemblies, fuses, lubricants (expect to complete a Covered Part), brackets, throw out bearing, pilot bushing and manual clutch parts, spark plugs and wires, tires, wheels/rims, wheel balancing, wiper arms and blades, adjustments and alignments, shop supplies and any other items subject to scheduled maintenance or wear damage.
Limits of Liability
The total dollar benefits paid under this Warranty are limited to the Vehicle Purchase Price. The total dollar benefit paid for any given Covered Repair is limited to the average trade-in value of the Vehicle (excluding tax, title and license fees) immediately prior to the Mechanical Breakdown based on the then most recent National Automobile Dealer Association Used Car Guide (or a compatible guide, if that guide has been discontinued.)
Transfer and Assignment
This Warranty may NOT be transferred or assigned.